Strategic and Business Planning
Sound strategy can transform a good nonprofit into a great one. It will enable you to deepen your mission impact, while securing long-term financial health. It helps ensure you will have a healthy and sustainable business model.
Organizational strategy can come in several forms: a comprehensive strategic framework, a focused business plan, or financial analysis aimed at re-calibrating your business model or defining financial sustainability. Our planning process will help you make key decisions based on hard data and win the confidence of your supporters. Download our Strategic and Business Planning brochure, or keep reading for more detail.
Your nonprofit should engage in strategic or business planning if you are:
- Growing to meet needs or seize opportunities
- Executing a turnaround
- Adjusting to a changing environment
- Critically examining your organizational structure or business model.
Public Interest Management Group has a distinctive approach to strategic planning. Here's how we're different:
- We use hard data. Business model analysis, financial modeling and market research will ensure that your organizational strategy will rest on solid footing.
- PIMG plans aren't vague or theoretical. Your plan will address your competitive advantage, capacity needs, organizational structure and staffing requirements. It will include solid financial projections, a set of performance metrics and a tangible framework for implementation.
- Our planning process is informed by hands-on experience leading organizational growth and turnarounds, as well as applied research on success factors for nonprofits.
Business planning is a focused approach to organizational strategy, with more attention to market and operational details. It can be especially useful to guide directional change, new ventures, and growth. Powerful business plans can support the case for funding. We work with senior management to craft plans that will align your stakeholders with your vision and the means for achieving it.
Need financial analysis or projections, but not a full-blown plan? See an overview of PIMG's Financial Analysis and Modeling services here.
Through any of these paths, your strategy will enable you to clearly demonstrate your value proposition to stakeholders in your success. Your organization will get a lot for investment in the planning process, including confidence of your staff, board and funders.
Are you facing big challenges or opportunities? Contact us to start a dialogue.