About Public Interest Management Group
Public Interest Management Group is a social enterprise that delivers strategic consulting services to mission-focused organizations actively working to promote public health, improve the environment and develop strong communities.
Our theory of change starts with a premise: social progress requires a vibrant nonprofit ecosystem, consisting of organizations that:
- Align with emerging needs
- Adopt sound business strategies
- Utilize best operations management practices
- Leverage networks and economies of scale, and
- Readily adapt to change.
We believe that, by achieving these standards, nonprofits will collectively transform the communities they serve and the planet as a whole. Our role is to help like-minded clients attain and sustain high performance. We do this using powerful, road-tested methods that catalyze mission impact, efficient service delivery and sustainable financial health.
Scott Schaffer founded Public Interest Management Group in 2007, building on his experience leading financial turnarounds, forging successful mergers and alliances, and re-engineering of a wide range of organizations. See his bio here.
A major theme of our work is helping clients establish sound business models to meet existing and emerging community needs. This means understanding your financial and operational underpinnings, and identifying strategy options that will guide your long-term growth and success. Read more about PIMG's unique, holistic approach to building sustainable, high-performance nonprofits.
We also leverage our expertise in nonprofit finance and operations management by partnering with other consulting firms and management service organizations that share our values, vision and standards.
PIMG taps into a network of established professional associates, including seven past chief executive, financial, operating and development officers. This allows flexible constitution of project teams:
- Strategy development, restructuring, financial analysis: Scott Schaffer, Principal
- Restructuring: Mary Stelletello
- Organizational development: Jan Glick, Deborah Edward, and Mona Jones-Romansic
- Financial analysis: David Schor
- Fundraising strategy: Jennifer Weber
- Market research: Scott Campanario
- Succession planning, executive search: Third Sector Company
- Statistical analysis: Mountain-Whisper-Light Consulting
To discuss our consulting services or team approach, contact us.